How Soon is Now?
12/08/2023 - 16/05/2026
Bruce Reynolds Coronas , 2015
- Hydrostone and pigment with lino and plaster inserts
- 95 x 62 x 12 cm
- Image Credit
- Photo courtesy of the artist.
About the exhibition
How Soon Is Now? brings together a selection of Bruce Reynolds’ exquisite cast relief works with two-dimensional collaged linoleum works, to celebrate a physicality that is frequently overlooked in today’s growing digital environment.
Exploring how we arrived at this point – from the archaic to a language of compressed space – Bruce Reynolds’ work invites consideration of the ancient and the ‘now’.
Bruce Reynolds’ work grew from collage to relief and sculpture over a number of decades. Recent residencies in Rome focused both studio and architectural works on relief forms that occupy the space between painting and sculpture, between drawing and architecture. He describes it as being both archaic and a fresh place of representation.
About the artists
- Ipswich Art Gallery (QLD) 12/08/2023 - 29/10/2023
- Gympie Regional Gallery (QLD) 09/11/2023 - 23/12/2023
- Toowoomba Regional Art Gallery (QLD) 13/01/2024 - 24/03/2024
- Perc Tucker Regional Gallery (QLD) 19/04/2024 - 09/06/2024
- Banana Shire Regional Art Gallery (QLD) 28/06/2024 - 23/08/2024
- Canberra Museum and Art Gallery (ACT) 09/11/2024 - 02/03/2025
- Hawkesbury Regional Gallery (NSW) 11/04/2025 - 08/06/2025
- Devonport Regional Gallery (TAS) 05/07/2025 - 16/08/2025
- Dogwood Crossing, Miles (QLD) 07/11/2025 - 31/01/2026
- Redcliffe Art Gallery (QLD) 07/03/2026 - 16/05/2026