Ben King Sarah Snook as Gertrude 'Trudy' Pratt., 2015
- Image Credit
- Sarah Snook as Gertrude 'Trudy' Pratt Photographer: Ben King
About the exhibition
The Dressmaker Costume Exhibition celebrates the artistry of the sumptuous costume designs of The Dressmaker (2015) and explores the transformational power of fashion.
The exhibition features a selection of elegant haute couture costumes worn by Hollywood stars and home-grown acting talents including Kate Winslet, Liam Hemsworth, Sarah Snook, Hugo Weaving, Judy Davis, Rebecca Gibney, and more.
The film’s vision was brought to life by an extraordinary creative team of Australian talents: directed by Jocelyn Moorhouse, produced by Sue Maslin, costume designs by Marion Boyce and Margot Wilson, and based on the novel by Rosalie Ham.
The tour of this exhibition of award-winning costumes to regional venues will provide many Australians with the opportunity to engage with the NFSA Collection through the popular medium of fashion. The story of The Dressmaker unfolds in the fictional regional town of Dungatar and explores female empowerment and transformation through dress.
Available Dates and
- Available dates
- 07/02/2022 - 31/12/2022
- Exhibition size
- Between 75-100 sq or running metres
- Originating state
- Organised by
- Contact to discuss
- Other materials
- Includes up to 12 mannequins and costumes; Art finishing tools and props from the motion picture; 'Behind the Seams' documentary and AV materials; and Licensing and DCP/BluRay to screen film in venue.
- Primary contact
- Natalie Bittner
- Touring Exhibition Coordinator
- National Film and Sound Archive of Australia
- (02) 6248 2123
- This exhibition is supported by the National Touring and Outreach Program, an Australian Government program aiming to improve access to the national collections for all Australians.